The Mission of the Norwalk PTO Council is to support and speak on behalf of the educational needs of all Norwalk Public School children, whenever and wherever possible, to serve as a resource for parents and the community on educational issues, and to maximize opportunities for communication between parents, teachers, administrators, Board Of Education members, government officials and the general public.
Come to our next PTOC Meeting!
Monday, April 24th from 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Silvermine Elementary School
157 Perry Avenue
- Approval of last meeting's minutes and financial statement
- Update on Read Around Norwalk Event
- Update on Tax-exempt status application
- Update on monthly newsletter
- GUEST SPEAKER:
- NPS Superintendent Dr. Manuel Rivera
PTOC Volunteer Opportunities:
We are in need of Parent Volunteers for the following tasks:
- Read Around Norwalk Series: Please help us recruit local small business owners to read a book to one of our elementary school classes the week of April 21st, 2014!!
- Web Design: Maintain and Update
- Social Media: Manage and Update Facebook and Twitter
- Help Recruit Businesses to invest in our high school students:Bridging the gap for students transitioning from high school into the work force
To inquire about volunteering call or text: (203) 981-2000
“Detective Nate Paulino from the Norwalk Police Department's Special Victim's Unit does a presentation to the PTO Council on Internet Safety and Online Bullying.”
- Please consider purchasing your school's Spirit Wear & Accessories at www.itownstore.com
They are located right here in Norwalk at 45 KEELER AVENUE where they manufacture high quality and high quantity spirit wear and accessories locally. They GIVE A PERCENTAGE OF THEIR PROFITS BACK TO OUR SCHOOLS!
- Do you know how to publicize your local PTO meetings on public access channel number 88 on Cablevision? Just send an email TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE with your detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kumon Math and Reading Center of Norwalk:
At Kumon, our math and reading programs help children of all ages and levels become eager, independent self-learners. Unlike tutoring sessions, Kumon helps children learn how to learn on their own, and develops strong academic skills. Our students gain a sense of confidence that will help them in the classroom and beyond. For more information or to schedule a free placement test, please visit kumon.com/norwalk or call (203)286-3516.
School Wish Lists
Ponus Ridge Middle School
For Nurse's Office: Unisex Gym Shorts (Various Adult Sizes); Solid Color T-Shirts (Various Adult Sizes)
For School Library: Items For Books: (i.e. Shelves to display books 4 – 6 Tier Wire Tabletop Display Racks, book display holders)
New Desk and Chair for Librarian
$500 For Library Book Repair
$1000 For Books for the Common Core
Library Rug Cleaned